I am … Arts and Humanities Series
The “Arts & Humanities: I Am” series is written by students about students, and celebrates Dublin High School students who are keeping the arts alive in our community. Dublin High School has musicians, artists, and writers who will hopefully inspire other budding creators to proudly declare “I am a ___.” If you know someone who fits this description, please let us know at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- I am an actor: Dublin High School’s Mathew Glynn Discovers the Stage – When Dublin High School junior Mathew Glynn joined the drama club his freshman year, he didn’t really consider himself an actor, despite having always been interested in drama. He had taken theatre classes at DHS. He just hadn’t been in any shows. But after a year of helping behind the scenes … Read more.
- We are magazine writers: Lilla Lavankul, Marissa Wu, and the Big Sister We’ve Always Needed – Lilla Lavankul (Dublin High Class of 2016) and Marissa Wu (Castro Valley High Class of 2015) emit the same bright and welcoming personality as their online publication, LIME Magazine for girls. Originally a small project intended to keep summer friends together, LIME has flourished into a platform of empowerment, filled with advice, culture, and career spotlights … Read more.
- I am a theatrical makeup artist: Dublin’s Hailey Lampi on Bringing Oz and Neverland to Life – For Dublin High School junior Hailey Lampi, helping actors ‘get in character’ takes on a whole new meaning. As a makeup artist for a local theatre company, Grand Performing Arts (GPA), Lampi’s job is to make sure that actors go onstage with their makeup and costume complete, ready to captivate the audience… Read more.
- I am a cellist: Cindy Won, the SFSYO’s European Tour, and Music’s Vivid Mark – For senior Cindy Won, the cello’s rich and brilliant notes are like a second language—one she has been studying since the age of five. In the past twelve years, Won has been an cellist for several organizations, including the Del Sol Quartet, the Young People’s Symphony Orchestra, and now, starting her fourth year, the San Francisco Symphony Youth Orchestra (SFSYO)… Read more.
- I am a photographer: Vivian Jiang’s extraordinary perspective through the lens – With a Canon EOS 600D camera in her hands, and an army green backpack slung over her shoulders, Vivian Jiang walks through Dublin High’s campus, looking for people, plants, or places to add to her photography portfolio… Read more.