Green Elementary School 3rd Grader Battling Brain Cancer Needs Your Support
Green Elementary School third grader Sirous Sadaghiani is battling a rare and serious form of brain cancer, Glimatosis Cerebri. Sirous’ story has touched many people in and around Dublin, with the photos on Sirous’ Facebook page (that already has over 1,250 followers) telling his moving experience from his UCSF Medical Center hospital bed more powerfully than any words.
The Dublin community has shown a remarkable ability to rally in support of tragedy in recent months and has done so again for Sirous. In just a few days fundraisers have been organized and a support network of family members, friends, educators and well-meaning strangers have offered to help Sirous’ parents Reza and Marlene as they tag-team to be a constant presence in Sirous hospital room. Sirous’ father Reza commented, “I’m grateful and overwhelmed by the support from the community.”
There are several concrete steps you can take to support Sirous and his family:
- The most powerful way to create awareness of Sirous’ story is to follow and “Like” his Facebook page, “I am Sirous“. The Facebook page has a secure “Donate to Sirous” option – Sirous’ parents have taken a leave from work to be by their son’s side. Green Elementary School is also accepting donations of gift cards (meals, gas, etc.) on behalf of the family.
- A Meal Train has been setup on behalf of Sirous’ family – details available here.
- Green Elementary School parents are hosting a bake sale fundraiser on January 18. Share this Facebook event to create awareness of this fundraiser.
- Vito’s Express Pizza in Dublin will donate 30% of all food orders on January 22. Bring this flyer to Vito’s on January 22 and share this Facebook event to create awareness of the fundraiser.
- Baja Fresh will donate 15% of food bills on January 30 from 3:30-8:00pm
- Fallon Middle School’s PFC is selling “Stay Strong Sirous” wristbands as a fundraiser after school at Fallon on February 1
- Rockin’ Jump will donate $5 if you mention Sirous on February 21 from 2pm-9pm for 2 hrs at $15; Rockin’ Jump is also planning a raffle and businesses can pay $250 to have a banner hung all month long with the full amount donated to Sirous’ family. Share this Facebook event to create awareness of the fundraiser.
- Panda Express (Santa Rita Road location) will donate 20% of food bills on February 28 from 4pm-9pm
- Koko Fit Club and Arbonne have teamed up for a fundraiser at the Koko Fit Club on March 12. See attached flier or contact Amber Burak @ firstname.lastname@example.org for more information.
- The Sadaghiani family is striving to maintain a routine for Sirous’ twin sister Sima and older brother Zachary (who currently attends Fallon Middle School). While the family is currently receiving support from neighbors and members of the community, they will likely need support for many months. Please contact Green Elementary School parent volunteer Irene Padnos (email@example.com) if you are able to help with Sirous’ siblings during the week.
In addition to the points above, pray for Sirous and his family during this difficult time.
- Contra Costa Times: Social media helps support boy with cancer
- Dublin Boy With Brain Tumor Finds Strength from Community
To add to this list contact OneDublin.org at firstname.lastname@example.org.