Dublin High Advanced Scholar Diploma
The Dublin Unified School District, encouraged by broad support from Dublin parents, approved a new Advanced Scholar Diploma for the Dublin High graduating class of 2011, adding a third diploma option for Dublin High students.
Dublin High’s Advanced Scholars Diploma was designed to help students and their parents know what is expected of them if a top UC campus or private college is their goal. The requirements are both academic and non-academic, reflecting that the best colleges look for students bringing a diverse experience to the table.
The summary requirements of Dublin High’s Advanced Scholar Diploma are as follows:
- English (P) (4 Years)
- Mathematics (P) (4 Years)
- Science (P) (4 Years)
- Social Studies (P) (3 Years)
- Physical Education (2 Years)
- Visual/Performing Arts (P) (1 Year)
- World Language (P) (3 Years)
- Health/CHEE (1 Sem.)
- Electives (Must include one year of college prep elective)
- In addition:
- GPA of 3.5 and above
- Grades of “C” or better
- Golden State Merit Seal Status
- Minimum of six AP/Honors courses
- 50 hours of approved community service
- Participation in approved sport or club/organization
- Students must pass requirement for a proficiency exam – currently CAHSEE.
- Must pass 5 out of 6 fitness standards on the state fitness test.
Below is are the Advanced Placement (AP), Advanced and Honors courses offered at Dublin High for college prep:
Mathematics and Science
- Advanced English 1
- Honors English 2H
- Honors English 3H – American Literature
- AP English Language And Composition
- Honors English 4H -World Literature
- AP English Literature And Composition