Dublin High School (Dublin, California) Overview
Dublin High School is a comprehensive high school in the Dublin Unified School District (Dublin, California) with approx. 1,750 students. Dublin High’s Principal is Carol Shimizu. Below is an overview of Dublin High School with links to resources for parents and the community. Dublin High School’s API in 2013 was 877 (read more…). Dublin High School is centrally located in Dublin and is accessible via public transit by Wheels (there multiple routes to/from Dublin High). A summary primer on Dublin High is available here. In September 2012, the latest phase of the Dublin High renewal project was completed (read more…), and in early 2014 the brand new Performing Center for Performing Arts and Education opens its doors (read more…) Dublin High offers academic, athletic, visual & performing arts and extracurricular choice for students. Dublin High School’s mascot is The Gael. More photos of Dublin High School are available here.
The latest Dublin High School Parent, Faculty, Student Organization (PFSO) update is available here.
The Dublin Unified School District Staff Email Directory is available here.
The 2012-13 school calendar for all Dublin schools, including Dublin High School, is available here.
Dublin High School Academics
Dublin High School offers a diverse portfolio of academic courses from ROP (Regional Occupational Program) to 23 College Board AP (Advanced Placement), Advanced and Honors courses. Dublin High School launched an Engineering Academy built around the Project Lead the Way curriculum in the 2010-11 school year. More details are available here:
- Dublin High School Academic Rankings
- Dublin High School Course Catalog
- Dublin High School AP Program
Dublin High School was awarded a Silver Medal in the 2014 U.S. News and World Report Best High Schools report, is included in Newsweek’s 2013 list of America’s Best High Schools and received a statewide rank of 10 (out of 10) and a similar schools rank of 10 (out of 10) from the California Department of Education for its 2012 API of 877 (full results available here). Looking for a tutor? Here is an online resource: http://www.teachigo.com/.
Dublin High School College Preparation
Dublin High School effectively prepares students for 2 and 4-year college programs. 97.8% of the Dublin High School Class of 2014 reported attending a 2 or 4-year college. A complete summary of colleges accepting Dublin High School Class of 2014 students is available here. OneDublin.org’s Life in College Series includes profiles written by Dublin High alumni about their first few months in college Harvard, Stanford, Columbia / JTS, UC Berkeley, Chapman UC Davis, UCLA, UCSD, West Point, St. Mary’s, Pace, University of Chicago, UNR, Santa Clara, University of Arizona, Carroll College, Hamline University, Penn State, Sonoma State, Syracuse, and Santa Barbara City College.
- Dublin High School Class of 2013 College Acceptance Results
- Dublin High School Class of 2012 College Acceptance Results
- Dublin High School Class of 2011 College Acceptance Results
- Dublin High School Class of 2010 College Acceptance Results
Dublin High School Visual and Performing Arts
Dublin High School offers a comprehensive music, theatre and visual arts program both as elective courses and extracurricular activities. More details on Dublin High’s Visual and Performing Arts programs are available here. Dublin High School’s new 500-seat Center for Performing Arts and Education, opened spring 2014.
Dublin High School Athletics
Dublin High School offers 26 different teams in its comprehensive athletic program. The Dublin High Renewal Project included a new stadium (Gael Stadium) and a new Sports Complex. More details on Dublin High’s Athletics programs are available here.
The Dublin High Athletic Boosters exists to support athletic and academic achievement in all student-athletes; to promote active and involved parent and community leadership; to provide supplementary financial support to all Dublin Gael athletic teams; and to maintain the history and tradition of excellence in our sports teams. The weekly Dublin High School sports and athletics schedule is available here.
Dublin High School Extracurricular Activities
Dublin High School offers a diverse set of over 60 clubs for students to choose from. More details on Dublin High’s Extracurricular Activities are available here.
Dublin High School Location
Dublin High School is accessible by multiple Wheels bus routes.
Dublin High School Reviews
You can read (or write) a review of Dublin High School on the following websites:
- Dublin Patch – Dublin High page
- Yelp – Dublin High page
- Education.com’s Dublin High page
- GreatSchools.org’s Dublin High page
- education.com’s Dublin High page
- YellowPages.com Dublin High page
- Telonu Dublin High page
- SchoolDigger’s Dublin High page
- Google’s Dublin High page
- Trulia’s Dublin High page
- Make contributions to Dublin High School’s Wikipedia entry
Dublin High Students – College Bound
Dublin High School graduates are attending premier colleges across the U.S. OneDublin.org’s Life in College Series includes articles written by Dublin High graduates about their first few months in college. For the past four years, OneDublin.org has profiled the graduating class college plans in a series of I am Dublin High videos. There are no better advocates for the Dublin High School experience than the students themselves:
I am Dublin High Class of 2014
I am Dublin High Class of 2013
I am Dublin High Class of 2012
I am Dublin High Class of 2011
I am Dublin High Class of 2010
Dublin High School Primer Presentation
Dublin High School Alumni
Dublin High School alumni have been featured in numerous articles on OneDublin.org:
- Life at Carroll College – From Dublin Green to Montana Big Sky Country
- Life at Harvard University: Michelle Lee on Choosing Crimson for College Colors
- Becoming a University of Arizona Wildcat – From Dublin to Tucson
- Life as a Cadet at West Point: From Dublin High School to the US Military Academy
- Life at Sonoma State University – Fulfilling a Love of Music
- Life at UC San Diego – From Dublin High AP to Nanoengineering
- Life as a UCLA Bruin: Deanna Hong on Combining Art, Athletics and Academics
- Life as a Piper at Hamline University
- Life as a Vaquero at Santa Barbara City College
- Life at Stanford University: Ravali Reddy on Choosing Cardinal for College Colors
- Life at Columbia University and JTS – from Dublin High to the Ivy League
- Life at UC Davis: From The Hills of Dublin to the Flats of Davis
- Life at Penn State – Going from a Gael to a Nittany Lion
- Christopher Michel – President Bush Memoirs Collaborator and Speechwriter, Dublin High School and Yale Alumni
- Volunteering in Ghana, Africa: Interview with Kelsey Finnegan (Dublin High ’07)
- Dublin High Class of ’80 Alumni Bill Fulton in Running for a Grammy
- Dublin High School ’72 Grad Dennis Jones Combines Beatlemania and the Law
- Eric Swalwell Jr. – Dublin High Class of ’99 Alumni and Alameda County Prosecutor
- Meet City of Dublin Mayor Tim Sbranti: Dublin High School Class of ’93 Alumni
- Dublin High Grad Hannah Sievers to Intern with U.S. Department of Homeland Security
Dublin High School In the News
- Local Athlete Joins the Ranks of the Elite
- Classes Provide Real World Experience (from Dublin Patch)
- Congratulations Rachel Cooperstein – Dublin High Homecoming Queen 2010
- Dublin High School Teacher Kim Baumann Inspires a Love of Science
- Doors Officially Open for New DHS Sports Complex
- Dublin High School Extreme Makeover, Part IV
- Dublin High and Fallon Middle School Cheerleaders Rock Warriors Halftime Show
- A Drum Major with Major Success
- Dublin High Marching Band Back in the Ring
- The World of Business at Dublin High
- Dublin High Skit Rally Ignites Homecoming
- Dublin Female Athlete of the Fall: Shelby Nickles Was a Step Ahead
- Dublin High School’s Ron Rubio Brings History to Life