Summer Enrichment Academy Launched by Dublin Partners in Education
Dublin Partners in Education recently announced the creation of a Summer Enrichment Academy for high school students with the assistance of Las Virgenes Education Foundation (LVEF). Courses will be offered at Dublin High School starting in mid-June as outlined below.
Courses offered for Summer 2012 include: Speech and Debate, Spanish 1, World History, Geometry, U.S. History, Honors Chemistry/Lab, Health and Physical Education.
The announced program is fee-based and enables high school students to take additional courses over the summer to provide more flexibility in course scheduling during the school year. Dublin students are given priority registration and the program is open to students from outside the District.
Dublin Unified School District Superintendent Dr. Stephen Hanke, “Through the DPIE Summer Enrichment Academy, Dublin High School students will be able to complete classes toward graduation during the summer break. They will then be able to expand their participation in academies, the arts, and other electives during the year. This will clearly enrich the educational experience of our students and help us expand opportunities for them to succeed.”
Below is information provided by Dublin Partners in Education on March 13, 2012:
Summer Enrichment Academy Online Registration Dates (http://www.dpie.org/)
[UPDATE 4-4-2012 - new dates provided by DPIE]
- April 16 – current 11th graders (juniors)
- April 17 – current 10th graders (sophomores)
- April 18 – current 9th graders (freshmen)
- April 19 – current 8th graders (incoming freshmen)
- April 20 – open enrolment (including students from outside the District)
Summer Enrichment Academy Calender
Note: Classes to be held at in the J-K Building.
- Week 1 Mon. June 18, thru Thurs. June 21
- Week 2 Mon. June 25, thru Thurs. June 28
- Week 3 Mon. July 2, Tues. July 3, (no class Wed July 4), Thurs. July 5, Fri. July 6 (FINAL 1st Semester)
- Week 4 Mon. July 9, thru Thurs. July 12
- Week 5 Mon. July 16, thru Thurs. July 19
- Week 6 Mon. July 23, thru Thurs. July 26 (FINAL for 2nd Semester)
Summer Enrichment Academy Cost
- 10 units (classes for 6 weeks) $550.00
- 5 units (classes for 3 weeks) $410.00 (Note: Health is a 1 semester class)
Summer Enrichment Classes Offered
- One semester class offered both sessions: Health
- One/Two semester class offered: Physical Education
- Two semester classes
- Speech and Debate
- Spanish 1
- World History
- U.S. History
- Honors Chemistry/Lab ***
*** These require the addition of Friday classes from 8 am to 10 am weekly and a lab fee of $40.00. Both Geometry and Honors Chemistry require prerequisites. Please check with Student’s Counselor before signing up.
Note: All classes are considered strenuous and accelerated. Contact with Counselors is recommended for all programs.