Back to School Education Resources
With the start of the 2010-11 school year just around the corner, and summer vacation drawing to a close, below is a summary of free education resources for parents created by OneDublin.org, including several new recently published items. OneDublin.org plans to continue adding additional free education resources for parents in the coming months.
- A summary of all school site registration information is available here.
- Education Resources Series:
- NEW! Adding Different Units: a OneDublin.org Math Tutorial Video that seeks to reduce the confusion of adding different units faced by many young math students.
- NEW! Education Enrichment Center: After school and summer enrichment programs for local students. Owned and operated by Dublin resident Moon Hee Park and located in Pleasanton.
- 4 Steps to Higher Scores on Standardized Tests: a OneDublin.org Math Tutorial Video with practical strategies for doing better on multiple choice standardized tests.
- Strong Readers Start at Home – Reading Strategies for Parents: OneDublin.org on how parents can play an important role in teaching young children how to read.
- So Your Child Wants to Create Computer Games (and you’re not sure where to start): OneDublin.org provides an overview of free applications that help children – from elementary school to high school – learn how to program a computer (the first step to creating a computer game).
- College Primer for Parents Series:
- College Primer for Parents – an overview of college admission requirements and expectations including Bay Area and select California and out-of-state options.
- College Board Advanced Placement (AP) Program Overview - a detailed overview of the College Board’s Advanced Placement (AP) Program. Advanced Placement (AP) courses are an important component of a college application.
- NEW! SAT or ACT? Test Preparation Advice – an overview of the SAT and ACT college admission tests.
- College Scholarships and Other Options for an Affordable Degree - an overview of scholarship and grants, including local options for Dublin parents.
- Building Volunteer Hours for College Applications - an overview of options for students looking to give back to the community while building volunteer hours for the Dublin High Advanced Scholar Diploma and college applications.
- Admission to St. Mary’s College of California – an interview with Gina Meneni, Senior Associate Director – Admissions at St. Mary’s College of California. Ms. Meneni’s advice is valuable regardless of where your child is intending to enrol for college.
- Guiding your Children to College - an interview with Class of 2010 Valedictorian Ravali Reddy’s father, Ananth Reddy. Ravali Reddy is attending Stanford University this Fall.
- College Preparatory Summer Enrichment Study Plans (SESP) - while the summer is now drawing to a close, this approach for summer enrichment can be applied during the school year or over school holidays.
- Community College Transfer Programs to the UC System (and beyond): OneDublin.org provides an overview of a frequently used path to a 4-year degree from UC campuses and private colleges – starting at a community college.